DIY || 6 Step Pineapple BIKINI Tutorial


Hey everyone!  

The other day, I decided to spruce up a plain white bikini top that I purchased from Ardene for $5.80!

This is a simple, easy, fun and affordable tutorial of how to make your own one-of-a-kind bikini.  

To watch the more detailed video on YouTube, click here ⬇

If you live in a rainy climate like I do, you might want to create this look for an upcoming vacation (spring break)!  

If you aren't a big swimsuit fan, you can always apply this tutorial to a t-shirt, hat or bag.  :)  

Now, here are the instructions:


1. You only need two things!  A piece of clothing of your choice + fabric markers.


2. Sketch out your design on a piece of paper.

3. Sketch a faint outline of your design on your fabric with pencil crayon.

4. Take a fabric marker of your choice and start outlining your design on the fabric.


5. Fill in more details and colours if you choose.


6. Finally, finish the other side (if you want) and lay flat to dry overnight.  



This DIY literally took me a couple of hours and it was so much fun!  I can't wait to wear this new bikini.  I just love the neon rainbow colours.  

Note: I decided that I am not going to wear this piece for swimming because I am not sure how the markers hold up to this kind of fabric.  This will be lounge wear for beach days. 

Another note: As you can see on the left pineapple, the blue pen ran a little bit into the green colour.  I think this is pretty common with fabric pens -- maybe I didn't let it dry enough?  Anyone know?

Please let me know in the comments below if you try this out!  

Cheers,
Lis




Comments

Popular Posts