Gotye at Vogue







Hello! How was everyone's weekend?
A couple of nights ago (Sunday), three of my friends and I saw The Belle Game and Gotye at Vogue Theatre in Vancouver. What an amazing concert! I have seen The Belle Game many times and I love them, so I was happy to see that they were opening the show.
---------
This was my first time seeing Gotye live... and wow.. I was very impressed. I felt like there was this chill Australian vibe in the theatre. I have yet to go to Australia but I have the feeling it would be a nice, chill place. haha. During "Eyes Wide Open" (one of my favourite songs), the backdrop screen imagery was so beautiful. Some of the photos looked like the Australian outback. I really loved all of the imagery they used during the concert.
------
When the band was about to play "Somebody That I Used to Know", Wally (Gotye) announced that Kimbra wasn't there to sing her part of the song. So he asked the audience to sing it! I think the audience sang the entire song though, which is great. Gotye is so interactive.. awesome. His voice is so amazing live.
------
It's hard for me to put into words how much I loved the Gotye concert...
Amazing.
Can't wait to see them again...
---
That is my short recap. Haha. Those shots above are some of the photos I took at the concert. Hope you like them!
-L

Comments

Popular Posts